Gastritis is inflammation of the abdominal wall which can be caused by various things. The symptoms of gastritis can be reduced by avoiding the consumption of certain foods or drinks. Know various foods that cause gastritis and other habits that need to be avoided.
Besides bacteria, gastritis can also be caused by ingestion of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), autoimmune disorders, or conditions such as Crohn’s disease, sarcoidosis, and isolated granulomatosis gastritis. Gastritis can be chronic or sudden / acute. These symptoms can also appear in certain conditions such as during treatment, stress, or eating certain foods / drinks.
People who experience gastritis can not feel any symptoms. But some people can experience symptoms such as: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, gas, stomach burning, and loss of appetite. In some people, gastritis can be relieved by itself. If not, generally dietary changes can help relieve symptoms.
There are foods, drinks, and chemicals that can specifically trigger gastritis. Get to know these ingredients and limit or avoid consumption:
- Avoid high-fat foods.
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages. This drink can cause acute gastritis.
- Avoid caffeinated and carbonated drinks such as soda.
- Limit the consumption of fruit juice containing citric acid such as grapes, oranges, pineapple.
- Avoid NSAID group medicines such as ibuprofen and aspirin. These medicines can be replaced with other pain relievers such as paracetamol.
- Limit consumption of foods that contain chocolate.
- Reduce fried foods.
- Limit consumption of processed foods such as pasta, sugar and white bread.
- As much as possible avoid foods that contain trans fatty acids such as cakes, crackers, French fries, donuts, margarine, and processed foods such as sausages.
- Get to know and avoid foods that can cause allergies.
Indeed, not everyone who has gastritis is caused by the consumption of food or drinks above. But, as a preventative measure, it is better to limit or avoid these ingredients.
Gastritis treatment is done according to the cause. Generally, gastritis can be treated with free drugs such as antacids or histamine inhibitors to reduce disturbing symptoms. An antibiotic combination can be given if gastritis is caused by H. pylori bacteria. In addition, traumatic experiences or lifestyle with high stress levels can also cause gastritis. Protect yourself by managing stress.
If you experience symptoms of Gastritis, contact your doctor immediately to determine the cause. Also recommended to avoid foods that cause gastritis above, as well as other bad habits that can increase the risk of gastritis.